1. If a COJGA player is late for their scheduled tee time they
a. Are assessed a two stroke penalty on the first hole.
b. May be disqualified if they are more than five minutes late.
c. Both a & b are possible options depending on the circumstances.
d. Receive no penalty as long as they tee off before the next group is ready.
2. How much time can a player spend searching for their ball before it is deemed to be lost?
a. Until your fellow competitors decide it is time to resume play.
b. Until the group behind catches up to your group.
c. Five minutes.
3. What is the procedure when your ball is lost or out of bounds?
a. Play the ball within two club lengths of the point where the ball last crossed the margin of the hole. Penalty of two strokes.
b. Play the ball at any point along the line directly behind where the ball was lost. Penalty of two strokes.
c. Play from as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was played. Penalty of one stroke.
d. Player’s option to select any of the above.
4. If a competitor makes a stroke or strokes at a wrong ball, the competitor incurs
a. A penalty of one stroke for each stroke taken with the wrong ball.
b. A penalty of two strokes.
c. No penalty provided the hole is completed utilizing the correct ball.
5. In stroke play, if a competitor is doubtful of his rights or the correct procedure during play of a hole the player should, without additional penalty
a. Before playing, announce both the intent to play two balls and which ball he wishes to count if the rules permit.
b. Wait until a ruling can be made by a marshal or the tournament director.
c. Request that the scorekeeper decide which ruling should apply.
6. When dropping a ball, if the ball touches the player or their equipment then the player must
a. Play the ball where it comes to rest and take an additional one stroke penalty for hitting their equipment.
b. Re-drop only if it does not does not strike the ground first, no penalty.
c. Re-drop with no additional penalty.
7. If a player plays a provisional ball or a second ball from the teeing ground, the player must do so
a. After announcing the intent to play a provisional ball and after each fellow competitor in the group has played their first stroke.
b. Immediately, after announcing the intent to playing a provisional ball and before the fellow competitors tee off.
c. In any order that will facilitate the pace of play so long as the intent to play a provisional ball is announced.
8. If the Tournament Director assess a penalty stroke for slow play. The penalty stroke applies to
a. The slow player or players in the group.
b. Every player in the group.
9. The ultimate responsibility for the signed scorecard resides with
a. The player; and the player is responsible for the score recorded for each hole.
b. The player; and the player is responsible for the total score.
c. The scorekeeper.
10. If during a practice swing you accidentally hit the ball, the following applies
a. Count the stroke and play the ball where it lies.
b. You incur a one stroke penalty for moving the ball; replace the ball in original position.
c. Because you did not address the ball there was no stroke and no penalty. You must place the ball in its original position.
11. If your ball comes to rest near a dangerous snake you may
a. Abandon the ball and replay the shot.
b. Ask your fellow competitors for advice on how to best play the shot
c. Without penalty, drop a ball on the nearest spot not nearer the hole which is not dangerous.
12. Players should not play until the players in front are
a. Finished taking their shots.
b. Walking on to the green.
c. Out of range.
13. Each player should repair any damage to a putting green made by the impact of
a. Just their own ball mark.
b. Just ball marks made by their group.
c. Any ball marks regardless of who made the mark.
14. In the case of a serious breach of etiquette, such as cheating, cursing or throwing equipment, a player may be disqualified from a COJGA tournament.
15. There is one club length relief with a free drop and two club lengths relief if there is a penalty stroke.
Once you complete this test turn it in at the registration desk at the first event you play in.